Saturday, September 3, 2016

Beginning with Ganeshji....

For days, after I started contributing in resilience blog, I was thinking of keeping my own blog. A virtual place where I wish to share my ideas on my favorite subject…philosophy, movies, stories…..

It was not happening, and I had absolutely no idea why….for days I went on looking for proper image to be the face of the blog…but could not find any….

And then came, Ganeshji….and just like that, during one short drive of city, I found what I was looking for to begin the blog…..

Ganeshji, Shreeji, Lambodar, Ekdant, Vakratund…..Ganpatibappa has countless names. He has countless forms. And I am not talking about the variety of statues that we put…..sometimes, he is a little boy, looking for laddus, and teasing us…sometimes, departed father we miss….and sometimes, he is your friend, whose presence only is sufficient….one cannot ask for more.

Two days to go before ‘Ganesh Chaturthi’, but our city has already started the celebration of bringing Ganpatibapa home….the roads generally deserted are full of traffic and streets are full of people. 






As we were driving by on one such road, I saw this boy, selling Ganesh statues, sitting right in the center of all the statues for sale….and no, I  did not see God in him…..he was not some angel secretly blessing us…..he was just a boy, trying to sell some statues and earn some money….

But the way he was sitting with all those statues, protected with blessing from not one, but many God, on that road full of vehicles and noise, there was something special about him. Something was special about that moment. I could feel connected to some greater, more powerful, more positive force through that face….

Well, what could better to begin your blog with?



Himanshu (Arjun) Padhya



2 comments:

  1. It was nice blog sir.. We are searching for posting a blog..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice blog sir.. We are searching for posting a blog..

    ReplyDelete